During the rainy season or basement floods, the one that can save the day is the almighty sump pump. The sump pumps out the water that accumulates in the pit and takes it out through the sewer. That said, the sump pump is one of the most important necessities that many people take for granted. If you want to keep your home safe from flooding, you need a good sump pump.
Now, one of the best brands of sump pumps is Zoeller because they’re known for quality. If you’re looking for the zoeller sump pumps, then this guide can definitely help you. Here’s our pick of the top 6 zoeller sump pumps we have found.
Best Selling Zoeller Sump Pump Comparison Chart
Top 6 Best Zoeller Sump Pump Reviews
Zoeller M53 Mighty-mate Submersible Sump Pump
This happens to be one of Zoeller’s top products and is a standard pump that is used by professionals such as contractors and plumbing experts. The reason it’s so popular is its power and overall reliability. First, it’s very durable because of its very hard exterior. Its exterior is made out of long lasting cast iron making it immune to impact and scratches.
Aside from that, this sump pump is very known for its strong ⅓ Horsepower motor that is able to generate a total of 1550 RPM (rotations per minute). The sheer power already makes it one of the best in the market. Couple this with a reasonable price and you get the best of both worlds.
- Powerful ⅓ horsepower motor
- Vortex impeller design that prevents any clogging
- Has a 1 ½ inch NPT discharge
- Top grade cast iron exterior for covering the motor and the pump
- Float activation switch
- Has a power of 1550 RPM
- Not too big and bulky
- Very durable exterior for a long shelf life
- Long length power cord for easy installation
- Comes with a handle for portability
- Good discharge rate
- Very strong motor
- Allows smooth functioning of up to ½ inch of solids
- Has quite a flimsy switch that gets broken easily
- Switch has a tendency to get stuck a lot letting the sump pump run continuously
- Shaft easily gets dislocated if hit
Zoeller 98-0001 Automatic Cast Iron Submersible Sump/Effluent Pump
What most customers love about this sump pump is that it’s extremely easy to install. It’s also quite portable, so you won’t have so much of a hard time lifting it around and such. Also, this is one of the quietest sump pumps that you’ll find in the market. Although it looks big and heavy duty, it doesn’t make any noise. You probably won’t even notice that it’s there.
Just like the previously mentioned Zoeller sump pump, this one is also made out of cast iron which also makes it durable. It also has a high maximum effluent removal of 130 degrees Fahrenheit. With regard to its motor, it’s a very powerful sump pump that produces 0.5 horsepower. Put all of those features together and you have a pretty reliable sump pump for your basement.
- 0.5 horsepower
- Effluent removal of 130 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cast iron exterior with stainless steel arm guards, seals, and pump screws
- Carbon ceramic shaft shield
- Powder coated epoxy finish
- Plastic vortex impeller
- Check valve
- Sump pump timer alarm
- Strong 0.5 horsepower motor
- Corrosion and rust proof finish
- Comes with timer to avoid overheating
- Long lasting slip capacitor
- Lightweight and compact compared to other brands
- Switches get damaged easily
- Has no anti-clogging system for the discharge line
- Impeller easily gets blocked during floods
Zoeller 57-0001 M57 Basement High Capacity Sump Pump
If you’re looking for something that can really take huge amounts of water from floods, then the Zoeller M57 High Capacity Sump Pump is most likely the one that you want. Just as the name implies, it is a high capacity pump and it’s a favorite among a lot of homeowners. This one is known to have a very strong pumping power from its motor of ⅓ horsepower.
It’s also known for having a high water flow rate of 2,580 GPH or gallons per hour. Another aspect that makes it very reliable would be its extremely long shelf life. Customers have stated that this product can stay in good working condition for up to 15 years or more depending on your use. Of course, it’s a bit on the pricey side, but it’s surely a good investment for your home.
- ⅓ horsepower motor
- Compact height of 7.8 inches
- Long 9-foot power cord
- Variable level cycle system
- Compact polypropylene float
- Includes a watertight neoprene square ring
- Discharge of 1 ½ inch NPT
- Made out of durable cast iron
- Strong ⅓ horsepower motor
- Watertight and long lasting
- Powerful and high water flow rate enabling strong and fast pumping
- Very quiet operation
- High capacity to take water with a lot of dirt or debris
- Switch rusts easily if left wet
- Screws easily fall off the machine
- Impeller is not that durable
Zoeller M63 PREMIUM SERIES Submersible Sump Pump
The Zoeller M63 Mighty-mate Sump Pump is actually quite similar to the Zoeller M53 Mighty-mate Submersible Sump Pump (first product on the list) but is a more upgraded version of the latter. This model pretty much has the same specs as the M53 model but with more enhancements and added features. Some added features include an LED light plug for more visibility, a carbon and ceramic shaft seal, and a stronger cast iron exterior.
Some enhancements include a discharge flow of 43 GPM, a faster motor, and an enhanced switch that doesn’t easily wear out or corrode over time. So if you’re pretty satisfied with the M53 model but would want something that’s a bit better, then we would recommend taking a look at the M63 submersible sump pump instead. It will cost a bit more than the previous model, but it’s definitely worth it.
- ⅓ horsepower motor
- Discharge flow rate of 43 GPM
- Anti-corrosion switch
- Strong cast iron exterior
- Vertical float switch
- Total water flow of 2,580 GPM
- 5-year warranty
- Parts are made of anti-rust stainless steel
- Doesn’t corrode or rust
- Very durable and can last up to 20 years
- Has a powerful motor of ⅓ horsepower
- Has a more enhanced switch compared to the M53 model
- Has a very nice warranty coverage
- Has the tendency to make a lot of noise
- Impeller gets blocked pretty often
- A little on the pricey side
Zoeller 105-0001 Laundry Pump Package Including M53 Sump Pump
This product is a little something different but still involves a sump pump. This is more of a laundry package that involves a pump that helps pump the water from the laundry machine water outlet. If ever you do your laundry in the basement, then this package is ideal for you.
The package consists of three items; namely, the M53 sump pump itself, the catch basin, and a check valve. It’s very easy to install the three items together. Basically, you install the check valve to your pump, then your pump to the catch basin, and then the catch basin to your washing machine outlet. Then, plug the pump into the outlet to get it running.
- Sturdy plastic catch basin
- Strong ⅓ horsepower M53 pump
- Check valve
- Fast draining M53 model
- Cast iron exterior
- 2680 GPH of water flow rate
- Discharge size of 1 ½ inch port size
- Long 9-foot power cord
- Compact size M53 model of sump pump
- Fast and powerful ⅓ horsepower motor
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy-to-install laundry system
- Durable and long-lasting pump
- Efficient check valve
- High capacity and durable catch basin
- Interior drain air valve is not very durable
- The float switch gets stuck if you leave it wet
- The switch tends to rust quite fast
Zoeller M267 Waste-Mate Sewage Pump
This last sump pump is a very interesting pump because it specializes in waste management as a sewage pump. You’ll notice that the specs of this pump is significantly more powerful than the ones previously mentioned. For instance, you’ll see that the horsepower for this is 0.5 (stronger than the commonly mentioned 0.33 horsepower motors of most sump pumps). You’ll also see that the water flow rate of 7860 GPH which is about 5000 GPH more powerful than the flow rate of the other pumps in the list.
This is because it is a sewage pump. You need that kind of power if you’re going to handle even semi-solid waste and thick dirt or debris in the water. That’s why this is an ideal pump to have in your basement if you have a rather big basement that may possibly have a lot of waste.
- Cooling base for rugged use
- Durable cast iron exterior
- Corrosion and rust resistant stainless steel parts
- Overheating protection system
- Thermal protection for motor
- Strong ½ horsepower motor
- Special carbon and ceramic shaft seal
- Anti-clog plastic vortex impeller
- 2 discharge port
- 10-foot long cord
- Epoxy powder coating for anti-rust exterior
- Neoprene ring
- Vertical float switch that allows 12-inch float on and 4-inch float off settings
- High flow rate of 7860 GPH
- Powerful ½ horsepower motor
- Nontoxic and doesn’t contain lead
- Robust and strong pump
- Can handle debris-laden water
- Big and heavy
- Not ideal for commercial use
Those 6 Zoeller sump pumps are the best that can you find in the market based on their features, advantages, and benefits. Of course, you’ll definitely need the right Zoeller sump pumps for your home because it’ll be a disaster if it breaks down. This usually happens to sump pumps that aren’t strong enough to take huge floods. Taking that and other factors into consideration, we crafted our reviews list, so you are sure to get the best ones.
We thoroughly compared the features of various zoeller sump pumps and shortlisted them down to 6 of the top ones. That’s why we’re sure that you’ll love these 6 Zoeller sump pumps for your home.